Friday, November 20, 2009

Relief

The right side of my throat is being STABBED every time I swallow. What the hell kind of sickness is that, when nothing is wrong besides your throat hurting for 2 weeks?

I went to the Holy Cross college campus today. It was so stunning that I nearly forgot that I was still in Worcester, several times. Even as great as a college can get, I could never ever get over how much of a failure Worcester is at being a 'college-esque' town. Not that it is necessary for it to be, but I just don't think it would be the ideal environment to shape my future self in. While getting lost around the campus, I lagged behind the group with Joey and pretended I was his photography sidekick. Wanna-be photographer if you will. Regardless, it was the best 20 minutes of the field trip. Man how I love 60 degree coldness spitting down my lungs.

And then, there are my best friends. I don't know if its just the life of a teenage girl, but something inside all of us makes us so similar. It really is amazing how much less alone and panicked you feel, when you are reassured that three strong pillars of support are surrounding you, guarding you from failure. Words just naturally make more sense than thoughts do. And once they peel away from your lips, and travel through the air like freedom, all those thoughts seem to lay down inside your head and take one large *inhale* ... *exhale* Relief.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers