Friday, February 19, 2010

K@l3dge!

Currently, I am sitting on the 9th floor of the W.E.B Du Bois library on the umass amherst campus. All of the people around me are sitting, plugged into ipods, clearly escaped from pesky distraction of human interaction. I can't help but wonder what they are listening to, thinking about, caring about, concerned about. College life is weird. Everything seems to move very slowly, like they have all the time in the world. You have a week in between class sessions, every hour in the night to spend with friends, and a constant source of endless opportunities. Phoebe always says she feels like she enters a strange little oasis of euphoria when at school, so separate from the real world. Last night I met Pat and Dan, and we sat at dinner discussing what a 'sex column' would be like if responses were given by a man. I kind of lost my appetite, but more so from a laughter-driven stomach ache than from the actual content of the conversation. Oh! And revelation- high school drama does not end in high school. Oh, kawledge. Definitely a considerable light at the end of this wachusett tunnel we are all stuck in. 

I have STILLL yet to prove to myself that I have it in me, to finish all homework, thoroughly, with ample time to be stressless. They have a little coffee cart in the lobby of this library called "Procrastination Station." You can bet I took advantage of that thing. 


1 comment:

Followers