Tuesday, March 2, 2010

God or Science or Whatever

It is pretty damn frightening when you find striking differences between yourself and another. This particular other is one who you supposedly bear close resemblance to, not only by the eyes but by the mind and heart as well. If you are so different from the person closest to you, then really who do we have with us in this roaming lonely world? Beyond the hopeless ponder of this question, I found a gleam of positivity. We are all snowflakes! (hello extremely cliché metaphor) But really, you go ahead and follow that crowd. Abide to the trends of fashion, the rules of society. Accept the norm, and conform to the majority. No matter how hard your efforts push you to be just the same, you will never escape your unique individuality. The human is a delicately composed masterpiece, hand crafted by science or God or whatever you chose to believe. Between the cool of my dad and the hot of my mom, I have found myself in the middle where both the boiling point and freezing point can be [mostly] avoided. I feel the rush of emotions when necessary and don't even consider the option to hold them back. (thank you mom) And I have found the power that a simple breathe and two attentive ears can give you. (thank you dad) I love my parents. More than God or science or the conformity of society, they have taught me what will (hopefully) guide me in dealing with a wide variety of circumstances throughout life.

I want to tell every single person exactly how I feel about them. YOU (all of you) don't know how much I respect you! Why is the fear of their reaction holding me back? Who the hell taught us to fear like this?!

AH and the beatniks! Too much to say, too many amsco cards to finish. Byebye blogger. The song of the day is 'imma buy you a drank' by.. t-pain. oooo-weeee-oooo.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you see that you can pick and choose qualities you wish to embrace. It's true and very freeing to think that you're not just a passive absorber in your environment but an thinking person who is creating herself.

    ReplyDelete

Followers