Sunday, July 5, 2009

Full

My stomach is so full right now that I wouldn't be surprised if my skin was expanding in order to house all of this damn food. I always do this to myself on vacation, because one of the major social activities of the day is meal time. As the days become more and more shaped around the eating hours, I feel more and more obligated to eat in abundance to please the people who are cooking for me. Starting tomorrow though, I am going to solve this problem by this little heavenly activity called hiking. Hiking (anywhere) is an extremely crucial part of my summer, as it forces me to spend time reflecting, planning, contemplating, philosophizing, and just time to think, uninterrupted. I'm ready to get away from this civilization junk already. (<-- practicing hiker's attitude) My favorite line of the day was by my dad, where he confidently asked Phoebe and I "Guys, How can I make my style more hipster?" If there was such thing as a 49 year old hipster, my dad would be a perfect representation. We told him he needs to get some cooler (hipster) beat up sneakers, and buy some (hipster) band tees. Maybe a light scarf, not appropriate for the season, could be thrown in there. He already has a pretty good head start on this hipster thing though, rocking the American Apparel tee and Levi jeans, and jammin' out to Wilco and Death Cab on his way to work.
Next time I am in California is going to be on my road trip with EmFried, Jay Oh Three Seven, and DIEhl.

Part one of California- over and done with. Golden Gate National Park here I come. Now I am going to write post cards.

2 comments:

  1. Bonoroo first, heading west to your uncle's. We are going to be the smelliest, dirtiest, tiredest suckahs evah and it's going to be supah kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the way you describe hiking.. ive never done such intense hiking as you, but i do happen to love walking and miss it, and if we do make this road trip happen i figure "thats one way to get rid of these walking blues (wearing diamonds on the soles of my shoes)" and id like to "jump up from my starbed and make another day Underneath my california stars"
    :)
    and haha this post made me want to know your dad

    ReplyDelete

Followers