Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Traitor to His Class


Stella has been really sick lately, and it scares me a lot. Probably more than it should, because she is old and cats tragically can't live as long as we can. Today my mom came home crying, after dropping her off at the kennel. She said that she can relate to Stella's discomfort (diabetes) and that she feels like an awful mother leaving Stella in this condition. It gives me that heavy feeling in my chest to think about how Stella feels being abandoned to a smelly tight cage for 11 days. It also gives me that heavy feeling to see my mother cry. She used to scarcely cry around us, but when she did I was convinced that something equivalent to the world ending had occurred. It sort of makes me panic to see the strongest, most chivalrous, and most confident woman in my life break down from sadness or fear. I really love my mom. 

On a less 'Debbie Downer' note- I GOT MY PERMIT TODAY! The Worcester RMV, what an odorous, depressing, crowded, uncomfortable, nerve racking, awful place. The man who helped me at the desk gave me two answers for the test, and I'm not sure I would have passed if it wasn't for him. Thank you Richard. Walking out of the place, I got straight up 'mmm girl'ed by some Lil' Wayne wanna-bees (what is the plural of a wanna be?). "Oh dayum lil' mammasita look at dem bootiful legs gurl mmm" Are these the types of men my mother is referring to when she says men are pigs who constantly have sex on their minds? I assume so. Good thing I have gentlemen-men in my life. 

I promised Jacqui that I would send her a picture of something pretty from C@L! every night. And I promised Bryan that I would send him a postcard. Bittersweet leaving.. :|

The song of the day is that one by The Dandy Warhols that I have yet to hear. Summa O9. 

1 comment:

  1. hahah the qoute from the ghetto guys made me laugh because that is so the way the talk. and I got my permit today !

    ReplyDelete

Followers