Friday, July 3, 2009

Underneath My California Stars

I think I have developed this new habit of actually giving myself a stomach ache when I enter an airport. When we are flying steady in the air, it magically goes away. I wonder why some fears arise mid-life. If I am able to change my brain to being scared of taking off in an airplane, that means I can change it back to fear-free right? Right.

This is my first time ever visiting California, and in sterotypical Cali, you meet celebrities on every street corner. So, I get off the plane in the San Francisco airport today, and there, standing all stylishly, is Ricky from The Secret Life of the American Teenager! I feel so lame for being excited over this. He is such a bad actor. Regardless (and shamefully), I was star struck. Phoebe and I got a picture with him, which will probably be very popular with some of my abc-family-loving-friends when it hits facebook. Ohh stardom, what a world.

I don't want to sound like my grandmother, and talk about the weather excessively, but I need to talk about the weather for just a minute. To date, I have not felt that summer "sensation" that you only feel when your skin is being lathered in sun rays. For me, this feeling is the only one that truely convinces me that I am allowed to relax for 2 months. Entering San Fransisco, California today this INSANE thing happened that I haven't witnessed in weeks upon weeks.. there was not a single cloud in the sky. And I had to close my eyes to protect them from the gleaming sun. And I was warm. And it was finally summer.

The song, which closely resembles the theme of the day, is California Stars by Billy Bragg&Wilco.

All my friends are being stolen tomorrow! Sad. Missin' lots.

2 comments:

  1. song of the day-- i definetly thought about texting you to listen to that, but im not positive if i ever actually did.
    ill miss ya girrrl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you did em! sorry i just suck at responding. but you did inspire me to listen to not only that song but the whole album, and it was a great traveling album to jam out to! so thank you emily friedman! and i miss you too :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers