Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Connected

And when Paul thinks of snow, soft winds blow, 'round his head
and the phone rings, just once late at night, like a bird
calling out, "Wake up, Paul.
Don't be scared, don't believe you're all alone."

Listening to this album reminded me of the connection that Andrew Bird brought to Joey, Emily, Nina, and I a couple of months ago. It is really weird when you have something inside of you, and you think it is so unique to only you. Like it is too big to explain with words, so how could anyone else possibly understand?But then one day you find someone, who carries this exact same 'thing' or thought or feeling or belief that you do and they can understand whatever is inside of you that they share. Today it hit me that I am surrounded by precious, complex, wonderful people who I don't take nearly enough time to appreciate. On the walk from school to 'The Corner Shop' I had a very enjoyable talk with someone who I am realizing has more of a connection to me (and my thoughts, feelings, beliefs) than I thought. And it makes me so hopeful that everything I feel inside this confused little body of mine is not alone.

AMSCO YAH AMSCO.






4 comments:

  1. i love that song so much :)
    that concert was amazing
    I am going again in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wrote my english paper on this/you guys :) maybe ill post it gurrrll

    ReplyDelete

Followers