Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Down On My Luck

Wow, I never cease to amaze myself in the ways I find to waste my time. I just looked through 134 pages of trashy ass prom dresses. I guess the models faces were kind of amusing, in a horrifying way.

So I spent the last 3 days in an ice bath, commonly known as Manhattan. The city is just a wholly different world than these 5 small towns nestled in central Massachusetts. In fact, there is very little I can find in common between the two places. The city is embedded with gems of small organic coffee shops, talent-struck performers, gaudy lights, art museums, flowery smelling women; strutting the streets in their success filled boots. And then you turn the corner, and stumble upon the crumbled body, buried in his torn faded blanket- a desperate attempt for warmth. Littered sidewalks, impatient taxi horns, pleading advertisements, greased rubber hot dogs. For some reason the words 'commercial mind fuck' kept streaming through my head while prowling the jammed streets of Time Square. So much fraud!

You have been good to me 2009. I wish I could be sentimental and bring back my favorite moments of these 365 days of changing and growing but 2 o'clock A.M. is not the time. Tomorrow, as I am running away from the 32 chapters of Huck Finn that I have yet to start, I will (maybe) put my procrastination to use. For now, I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers