Friday, June 26, 2009

Say Bye To Jeff

I really can't decide if I believe in ghosts or not. I am fairly sure that a huge part of my disbelief in them is my attempt to keep myself calm, on nights like tonight when my finger was being moved by a piece of plastic across a Wiji board. Parker's stories were so believable though. That, joined with the damp dark atmosphere, and the fact that we were sitting in a supposed haunted cemetery, made my insides tighten a little. I can tell this is going to be a summer filled with major "checks" off the to-do list. 

On my birthday yesterday, more than anyone, Lindsey made me feel special. She bought me strawberry and whipped cream covered waffles at KPs, and discretely asked the waitress to put a candle in them and sing to me. About 80% of the restaurant was filled with Wachusett kids, so I had a loud choir of voices singing Happy Birthday. I definitely got my fix of birthday glory. The day carried on with a glorious appearance from my friend the sun (who we haven't seen in weeks) and towering waves at Salsbury beach. I almost enjoy the ocean more when the water is cold, I think it pumps up my adrenaline level or something. As cliche as it is, I really do love the beach. So fresh and clean. 

Today was the end of the year Stuco party at Comet Pond. The last time I had been in that pond..... (*hidden shout out*) So, Bryan and I stopped at the grocery store on the way to the party, just to be the gems that we are and bring a snack. At the self-check out (which by the way is a great invention) Bryan decided to be wise guy and clicked the spanish version instead of english. Oh wait, neither of us speak spanish! So when it came time to put in our silver coin, we had to have a middle aged BigY worker aid us. Her comment on the 'sexiness' of the recorded spanish voice took me by surprise. Strangers seem to be surprisingly open when Bryan Diehl is around. I have yet to figure out why. The party was a lot of fun, aside from my failed attempt at knee-boarding. Lake water splashed up into my mouth, ears, nose, and eyes all while Josh Coyne was shouting over the load motor of the boat "EMILY YOU HAVE TO GET UP NOW. NOW. NOW EMILY" I eventually succeeded, but I don't think it was exactly worth the multiple down sides to the adventure. My arms are soar right now, just as I type. 

When I get back from California, I am going to go to the nursing home and ask if I can volunteer to keep the elderly company. After each day, I feel like a brand new load of facts, experiences, and general knowledge is being scribed into my memory. Imagine how much they must have, after 90 YEARS of these types of days. I am hoping that being around them will help me figure out which direction I would like to aim my life in. Although, a wise woman told me today that she is 69 and has still yet to determine what she wants to do with her life. This relived me from a lot of angst that I have been having over this matter lately. Thank you Madelin. 

Killing Nazi Zombies is not nearly as satisfying as it was built up to be. The song of the day is "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire, because silence and loud music is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers