Wednesday, June 24, 2009



There is nothing like a birthday to make you evaluate how sufficiently you are living your life. In the midst of my studying tonight I got slaughtered by thoughts of regrets, unfinished books, unchecked to-do lists, months wasted in conflicted relationships, and countless hours of procrastination, all while I was fifteen. Its like everything I know and am familiar to is coming to a rushing crescendo, and is soon going to be left behind into the deep abyss of my memory. I need to savor every second of it before I  venture off into the world of the unknown- sixteen.

 Today I had my first physical therapy appointment. My evaluator's name was Wendy, and she was a hockey mom. She made me sit in weird (and somewhat painful) positions, walk on my heels, and squat multiple times. Every time she would have a pre-cautious look on her face and make a "Huh.." noise, which made me worry that whatever it was she was seeing was abnormal. Then, she proceeded to lay me face down on the table, and massage my lower back with lotion. It's funny how quickly my lower back turned into my butt, which was now being massaged.. by a hockey mom. I don't know how I felt about this, but the fatigue from finals hit me and I was suddenly overwhelmingly tired and relaxed. I almost dozed off, while having a lady play masseuse towards my tush. 
 
I am going to count down the minutes until 12:15 when it will be A FISH, and throw a pre-party party with Phoebe. The song of the day is anything by Girl Talk, because it sure knows how to get you PU-mped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers